Water Damage Emergency Tips
What you can do until help arrives
Water Tips | Fire Tips | Biohazard Tips | Mold Tips
If you have suffered a Water Loss on your property, please have the following things ready when contacting SERVPRO of LBL North;
- Insurance policy number, and claim number if one has been filed
- Information on the source of the loss, and whether or not the source has been stopped
- Information on the room(s) or areas of the property that are visibly affected such as type of wall (drywall, paneling, etc), type of flooring (concrete, flooring, tile, carpet, etc) and type of ceiling (if affected)
- If anyone in the home has been recently affected by or near anyone who has contracted COVID-19.
Reach out to SERVPRO of LBL South if your home has been affected by calling (270) 753-1160 24 hours a day 7 days a week. We have crews on standby ready to assist you in your time of need.
Have A Water Damage Emergency? Call (270) 753-1160
What To Do After Flooding
- Remove excess water by mopping and blotting.
- Wipe excess water from wood furniture after removal of lamps and tabletop items.
- Remove and prop wet upholstery and cushions.
- Place aluminum foil or wood blocks between furniture legs and wet carpeting.
- Turn air conditioning on for maximum drying in summer.
- Remove colored rugs from wet carpeting.
- Remove art objects to a safe, dry place.
- Gather loose items from floors.
What NOT To Do After Flooding
- Don't leave wet fabrics in place. Hang furs and leather goods.
- Don't leave books, magazines or other colored items on wet carpet or floors.
- Don't use your household vacuum to remove water.
- Don't use television or other household appliances.
- Don't turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet, and keep out of rooms where ceilings are sagging.